As the professional association for Australia’s information and communications technology (ICT) sector, ACS is passionate about the ICT profession being recognised as a driver of innovation and business.
We are expertly assisted by three high-level Advisory Boards: Profession, Technical and Member which provide advice and resource development validation to ensure ACS continues to evolve as a modern and contemporary professional body.
ACS is calling for expressions of interest to join its Profession Advisory Board and Committees.
Are you passionate about the ICT profession? Are you a national or international leader in your field? If so, ACS would be delighted to hear from you as we seek candidates to participate on this Board and its Committees.
Nominations are now open for the following:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send an expression of interest by via email to [email protected] and include:
In leveraging the knowledge capital of our members, ACS performs an important role in influencing the national agenda, driving professionalism in ICT and providing leadership in professional standards. As such, the criteria for successful candidature as an ACS Representative is set consciously high
- Expertise: Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice and/or teaching of ICT and has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning.
- Networks and Spheres of Influence: Has relevant industry connections and/or education connections
- Accountable: Can deliver committee objectives & measures and can provide written reports detailing key outcomes
- Commitment and Passion: Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking, has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy, is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member and has no conflicts of interest
- Leadership Capabilities: Is resilient, flexible, a strong communicator both written and verbal, is a strategic thinker and is influential
- Positions are limited to ACS members and are unpaid voluntary contributions to your profession
- Limited budget is available on approval to cover necessary travel expenses.
- Successful nominees will be formally appointed by the ACS Management Committee.
- Minimum expectation is for successful nominees to attend the majority of committee meetings which are generally held four times per year typically via videoconference. In addition members would also be expected to contribute to committee initiatives.
- Successful nominees are required to complete an induction, including the understanding of ACS Rules & Regulations, Governance and Organisational Structures.