Do you have the expertise to help develop the foundational standards upon which future generations will build their ideas? Are you a national or international leader in your field? Are you wanting to help build your personal profile both locally and aboard? If so, ACS would be delighted to hear from you as we seek candidates to represent the ACS in the following positions:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send an expression of interest by via email to [email protected] and include:
- The name of the role you're applying for
- Up to 500 words addressing the below selection criteria, the contribution you can make & why you’re interested
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitea covering previous experience
In leveraging the knowledge capital of our members, ACS performs an important role in influencing the national agenda and providing technical leadership in emerging technology areas. As such, the criteria for successful candidature as an ACS Representative is set consciously high
- Expertise: Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT and has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning.
- Networks and Spheres of Influence: Has relevant industry connections
- Accountable: Can deliver committee objectives & measures and can provide written reports detailing key outcomes
- Commitment and Passion: Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking, has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy, is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member and has no conflicts of interest
- Leadership Capabilities: Is resilient, flexible, a strong communicator both written and verbal, is a strategic thinker and is influential
- Positions are limited to ACS members and are unpaid voluntary contributions to your profession
- Limted budget is available on approval to cover necessary travel expenses.
- Successful nominees will be formally appointed by the ACS Management Committee.
- Minimum expectatoin is for successful nominees to attend the majority of committee meetings which are generally held four times per year typically via videoconference. In addition members would also be expected to contribute to committee initiatives.
- Successful nominees are required to complete an induction, including the understanding of ACS Rules & Regulations, Governance and Organisational Structures.