Do you want to help shape the face of ICT in Australia?
As the professional association for Australia’s information and communications technology (ICT) sector, ACS is passionate about the ICT profession being recognised as a driver of innovation and business.
We are expertly assisted by three high-level Advisory and Standards Boards: Membership, Professional and Technical which provide advice and resource development validation to ensure ACS continues to evolve as a modern and contemporary professional body. ACS is also represented on National and International Committees and Working Groups.
Are you passionate about the ICT profession? Are you a national or international leader in your field? If so, ACS would be delighted to hear from you as we seek Expressions of Interest from candidates for:
· Membership Advisory Board
· ACS representation to the International Federation of Information Processing (IFIP)
· ACS representation to Standards Australia
Nominations are open from 14 – 28 April 2022.
Please see how to apply and the selection criteria below.
Membership Advisory Board
The role of the MAB is to work with the National Office to grow, retain and provide value to ACS membership – including to:
a. strengthen the strategic focus of ACS on its membership in future years
b. provide advice on strategy and actions that will drive
· Satisfaction and retention of ACS members
· Increase membership attraction and recruitment
· Improve the value offering to ACS members
c. provide leadership and promote strategies in order to maintain a dynamic, contemporary professional membership framework for ACS members
d. ensure the focus represents a diverse mix of activities within the portfolio is aligned with the future years (2+ years) of ACS Strategic Plan
e. recommend projects, activities and structures within the portfolio that will most effectively deliver the membership-related Strategic Plan outcomes
In undertaking this role, the MAB will maintain four committees:
a. Diversity and Inclusion Council (NDIC)
b. National Fellows Committee (NFC)
c. ICT Educators Committee (ICTEC)
d. Honorary Life Membership Committee (HLMC)
Initial term: 2022 – 31 December 2023
International Federation of Information Processing (IFIP)
Representative position nominations are now open for the following 2022-2023 term positions:
· Technical Committee 1: Foundations of Computer Science
· Technical Committee 2: Software Theory and Practice
· Technical Committee 5: Information Technology Applications
· Technical Committee 6: Communication Systems
· Technical Committee 7: System Modelling and Optimisation
· Technical Committee 10: Computer Systems Technology
Representative position nnations are now open for the following 2022-2023 term positions:
· IT-030 IT Governance
· IT-038 Cloud Computing
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online Nomination Form which includes requirements for:
· your ACS membership number (for current members)
· a link to an up-to-date Resume, Curriculum Vitae or active Linked-in profile
· a link to a photo (for use on the ACS website should you be successful)
· a short statement (max 500 words) in support of your nomination addressing the selection criteria, the contribution you believe you can make, and why you’re interested in this position
· acknowledgements of Confidentiality and Conflicts of Interest
· review/understanding of the ACS Governance Guide (a link is provided in the Nomination Form)
Nominations are open from 14 – 28 April 2022.
In leveraging the knowledge capital of our members, ACS performs an important role in influencing the national agenda, driving professionalism in ICT and providing leadership in professional standards. As such, the criteria for successful candidature as an ACS Representative is set consciously high.
1. Expertise: Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice and/or teaching of ICT and has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning.
2. Networks and Spheres of Influence: Has relevant industry connections and/or education connections.
3. Accountable: Can deliver committee objectives & measures and can provide written reports detailing key outcomes.
4. Commitment and Passion: Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking, has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy, is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member and has no conflicts of interest.
5. Leadership Capabilities: Is resilient, flexible, a strong communicator both written and verbal, is a strategic thinker and is influential.
The ACS strives to represent our members and encourages anyone who believes they can contribute to apply regardless of disabilities, age, experience, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, race, or religion. We celebrate differing approaches and points of view and encourage nominations that reflect the diverse nature of the society that we live in.
· Positions are unpaid voluntary contributions to your profession.
· Limited budget is available on approval to cover necessary travel expenses.
· Minimum expectation is for successful nominees to attend the majority of committee meetings which are generally held four times per year (typically via videoconference) although this does vary for some Committees. In addition, members would also be expected to contribute to committee initiatives.