ACS Industry Insights Leaders Series
ACS Industry Insights Leaders Series features some of the ICT industry’s most respected leaders. The series of virtual events explores innovation, challenges and opportunities in tech and considers what might be in store in ICT’s constantly evolving world.
FOSTERING INNOVATION THROUGH PRODUCT INNOVATION
Join us at this upcoming event on Thursday 23 July, where David Thodey will cover following topics:
- How does one create innovation as a way of behaving within a large corporation?
- How does one do it in a way that specifically drives product innovation?
Innovation process and product implementation:
- How to establish a system to capture ideas and see them manifested through implementation?
- How do we focus and channel these conflicting innovative energies to a common goal?
- Concepts, initiatives and insights from his time as chair of Australia’s national science agency CSIRO for an inside perspective on this challenge.
Telstra use case:
- Funding of innovation at Telstra through measures such as the establishment of the Innovation Hub.
- The positives and negatives of the process from idea to product.
About the Speaker
Mr David Thodey is Chairman of Australia’s national scientific research agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO). The CSIRO is Australia’s innovation catalyst, collaborating to boost Australia’s innovation performance.
He is also Chair of Tyro Payments, Australia’s only independent EFTPOS banking institution, and Xero, a global cloud-based accounting software provider for small and medium-sized businesses.
In 2020 Mr Thodey was appointed Deputy Chair of the National COVID-19 Coordination Commission by Prime Minister Scott Morrison. The commission is designed to better coordinate the efforts within and between the public and private sectors.
ACS Members - Watch Now