ACS releases 2024 Federal Budget Submission
Ahead of the 2024 Federal Budget launch, ACS has released its submission to the Treasurer regarding priorities for the technology sector to be considered in the Federal government's 2024–25 spending.
This year’s budget is an opportunity to deliver on the government’s objective to lay the foundations for a stronger, more inclusive, and sustainable economy by giving Australians access to high-paid IT sector roles.
As recognised in the Government’s recent interim response to the Safe and Responsible AI consultation paper, Artificial Intelligence based systems and applications are helping to improve wellbeing and quality of life, as well as growing our economy. This submission looks to build on the opportunities identified in that consultation.
To meet the challenges and opportunities facing Australia, ACS proposed the following spending measures .
1. A National Digital Skills Strategy to close the digital skills gap
2. Match workers with industry needs through a skills platform
3. Provide a Career transition scheme for workers looking to change careers
4. Boost the digital capacity of Australia’s Small to Medium Enterprises
5. Assistance for skilled migrants to better realise their capabilities.
The full submission can be downloaded here.