The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is calling for nominations to become the Chair of the National Fellows Committee (NFC) for a two year term until 31 December 2019. ACS is the professional association for Australia’s information and communications technology (ICT) sector and is passionate about the ICT profession being recognised as a driver of innovation and business.
The ACS Management Committee has three advisory boards reporting to it; Profession, Technical and Membership, which provide advice and resource development validation to ensure the ACS continues to evolve as a modern and contemporary professional society. The NFC reports to the Membership Advisory Board, which then reports to Management Committee via the ACS Vice President (Community).
The purpose of the National Fellows Committee is to ensure an appropriate and common standard of process is applied in the assessment and evaluation of potential Fellows of the ACS. As well as recognising a successful nominee through the creation of an appropriate citation that is published to the world.
In leveraging the knowledge capital of our members, ACS performs an important role in influencing the national agenda and providing technical leadership in emerging technology areas. As such, the criteria for successful candidature on a Board or Committee is set consciously high.
Selection criteria includes:
- Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT (Mandatory)
- Is a recognised thought leader (Mandatory)
- Has previously served as a Branch Fellows Chair (Desirable)
- Can deliver committee objectives & measures (Mandatory)
- Demonstrated understanding of and adherence to business process flows (Desirable)
3. Commitment and Passion
- Can dedicate the time for formal & informal events / meetings and thinking (Mandatory)
- Has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy (Mandatory)
4. Leadership Capabilities
- Resilient (Mandatory)
- Flexible (Mandatory)
- Strong communicator - written and verbal (Mandatory)
- Strategic Thinker (Desirable)
- Influential within a team (Desirable)
- Can liaise effectively with peers across the organisation (Desirable)
Interested applicants should send an expression of interest and include:
- Up to 300 words on the contribution they can make and why they’re interested
- One page CV or a link to their LinkedIn profile
- Optional: Up to two pages addressing the selection criteria
This role is limited to ACS Fellows, and is an unpaid voluntary contribution to your profession.
Expressions of interest must be received by ACS National Secretary Ian Londish - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business AEST on Thursday 8 March 2018.