The exponential increase in cloud computing, offshore outsourcing and App purchases means that more than ever businesses and individuals are entering into contracts with overseas entities.
This Masterclass will examine some of the legal issues that are causing problems and how to avoid them, including in relation to the following:
* Outsourcing/Subcontracting to people and companies in other countries
* Where is your data stored, how is it safe-guarded and who has access to it?
* What are the implications of your e-mail being cleaned of spam somewhere overseas?
* Who can sue whom and where if there is a breach of contract?
* The Privacy Act obligations and other privacy considerations
Presented by: Michael Paterson
Michael Paterson is the Principal of Michael Paterson & Associates, a commercial law firm whose clients are mainly businesses and business owners.
He has degrees in Law, with honours, and in Computer Science from A.N.U. in Canberra.
As well as being a solicitor, Michael has developed software and is actively involved in both the legal and computer industries.
With his knowledge and practical experience in the computer industry, Michael Paterson has developed a niche practice area in computer, technology and intellectual property law.
When: Thursday 19 May, 2016 / 9:30am - 11:30am
Where: State Library of Western Australia
Fee: $50.00 per person
Don't miss out! To register click HERE