Want to represent ACS on world stage?
Your chance to be part of IFIP and Standards Australia.
Do you want to help shape the face of ICT in Australia? Do you have the expertise to help develop the foundational standards upon which future generations will build their ideas? Are you a national or international leader in your field?
If so, ACS would be delighted to hear from you as we seek candidates to represent the ACS on International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) technical committees and Standards Australia (SA) working groups.
As the peak professional association for Australia’s information and communications technology (ICT) sector, ACS is passionate about the ICT profession being recognised as a driver of innovation and business – able to deliver real, tangible outcomes.
International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) positions available:
· IFIP Technical Committee 2: Software: Theory and Practice
Committee Aim and Scope below
· IFIP Technical Committee 8: Information Systems
Committee Aim and Scope below
Standards Australia (SA) positions available:
· IT-015: Software & Systems Engineering.
· IT-021: Records & Document Management Systems
· IT-038: Cloud Computing and Distributed Platforms
IFIP Technical Committee 2: Software: Theory and Practice
To obtain a deeper understanding of programming concepts in order to improve the quality of software by studying all aspects of the software development process, both theoretical and practical.
The scope of the committee encompasses all aspects of the software development process including the specification, design, implementation and validation of software systems. Areas of present activity are:
· formal models of software concepts;
· programming languages and techniques;
· models for information storage and processing;
· program support environments;
· user interfaces to software systems;
· software quality.
Additional information can be found at: IFIP TC2 Website
IFIP Technical Committee 8: Information Systems
To promote and encourage interactions among professionals from practice and research and advancement of investigation of concepts, methods, techniques, tools and issues related to information systems in organisations.
The planning, analysis, design, construction, modification, implementation, utilisation, evaluation, and management of information systems that use information technology to support and coordinate organisational activities including:
· Effective utilisation of information technologies in organisational context;
· Interdependencies of information technologies and organisational structure, relationships and interaction
· Evaluation and management of information systems;
· analysis, design, construction, modification and implementation of computer-based information systems for organisations;
· Management of knowledge, information, and data in organisations;
· Information systems applications in organisations such as transaction processing, routine data processing, decision support, office support, computer-integrated manufacturing, expert support, executive support, and support for strategic advantage plus the coordination and interaction of such applications;
· Relevant research and practice from associated fields such as computer science, operations management, economics, organisation theory, cognitive science, knowledge engineering, and systems theory.
Additional information can be found at: IFIP TC8 Website
How to apply?
In leveraging the knowledge capital of our members, ACS performs an important role in influencing the national agenda and providing technical leadership in emerging technology areas. As such, the criteria for successful candidature as an ACS Representative is set consciously high.
Selection criteria includes:
· Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT (Mandatory)
· Has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning (Desirable)
2. Networks and Spheres of Influence
· Has relevant industry connections (Desirable)
· Can deliver committee objectives & measures (Mandatory)
· Can provide written reports detailing outcomes of all meetings
4. Commitment and Passion
· Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking (Mandatory)
· Has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy (Mandatory)
· Is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member (Mandatory)
· Has previously been or is currently a member on an ACS board and/or committee (Highly Desirable)
· No conflicts of interest
5. Leadership Capabilities
· Resilient (Mandatory)
· Flexible (Mandatory)
· Strong communicator - written and verbal (Mandatory)
· Strategic Thinker (Mandatory)
· Influential (Desirable)
Interested applicants should send an expression of interest via email to Returning.Officer@acs.org.au and include:
· Up to 300 words on the contribution they can make & why you’re interested
· CV or a letter covering previous experience/ personal bio
· List of any support from your current employer to provide support for interstate travel arrangements (For Standards Australia Positions ONLY)
These positions are limited to ACS members, and are unpaid voluntary contributions to your profession.
Please note for the IFIP positions a general travel allowance is provided to cover international travel.
Expressions of interest must be received by 5pm (AEST) on 29 May 2018.
The successful nominees will be formally appointed by the ACS Management Committee.
Information Age will publish the names of the successful candidates in late June.