YOUR CHANCE TO BE PART OF STANDARDS AUSTRALIA.
Do you want to help shape the face of ICT in Australia? Do you have the expertise to help develop the foundational standards upon which future generations will build their ideas? Are you a national leader in your field?
If so, ACS would be delighted to hear from you as we seek a candidate to represent the ACS on Standards Australia’s Committee CS-085, Child Restraints for Use in Motor Vehicles due to the need for specialist input into potential electronic device solutions which may be embedded into child restraints, the vehicle, or sold as separate attachments to further assist public safety. Please see CS-085: Child Restraints for Use In Motor Vehicles Terms of Reference for additional information.
As the peak professional association for Australia’s information and communications technology (ICT) sector, ACS is passionate about the ICT profession being recognised as a driver of innovation and business – able to deliver real, tangible outcomes.
In leveraging the knowledge capital of our members, ACS performs an important role in influencing the national agenda and providing technical leadership in emerging technology areas. As such, the criteria for successful candidature as an ACS Representative is set consciously high.
Selection criteria includes:
· Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT (Mandatory)
· Has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning (Desirable)
2. Networks and Spheres of Influence
· Has relevant industry connections (Desirable)
· Can deliver committee objectives & measures (Mandatory)
· Can provide written reports detailing outcomes of all meetings (Mandatory)
4. Commitment and Passion
· Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking (Mandatory)
· Has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy (Mandatory)
· Has previously been or is currently a member on an ACS board and/or committee (Highly Desirable)
· No conflicts of interest (Mandatory)
5. Leadership Capabilities
· Resilient (Mandatory)
· Flexible (Mandatory)
· Strong communicator - written and verbal (Mandatory)
· Strategic Thinker (Mandatory)
· Influential (Desirable)
How to apply
Interested applicants should send an expression of interest via email to Returning.Officer@acs.org.au and include:
· Up to 300 words on the contribution they can make & why you’re interested
· CV or a letter covering previous experience/ personal bio
· List of any support from your current employer to provide support for interstate travel arrangements
This position is limited to ACS members, and are unpaid voluntary contributions to your profession.
Expressions of interest must be received by 5.00pm (AEST) on Tuesday 31 July 2018.
The successful nominee will be formally appointed by the ACS Management Committee.