Fresh look for Innovation Australia unveiled.
Venture capitalists and digital executives dominate the make-up of the board of Innovation and Science Australia, a revamped cross-government advisory.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull named six new board members and one re-appointee:
- Dr Alan Finkel AO, Chief Scientist (Deputy Chair)
- Maile Carnegie, CEO Google Australia and New Zealand
- Scott Farquhar, Co-founder and CEO Atlassian
- Daniel Petre AO, Partner AirTree Ventures
- Paul Bassat, Co-founder Square Peg Capital and Co-founder SEEK
- Dr Chris Roberts, Non-Executive Director ResMed
- Dr Michele Allan, Chancellor Charles Sturt University (reappointed)
“The talent on this new board represents innovators and entrepreneurs with a proven record of success,” Turnbull said.
“[The board] has got a number of leading businessmen and women on it and the reason for that is that it is vital that we work closely with industry and academia and business and venture capital to ensure that we get the right inspiration, the right stimulation for investment.”
ISA was formerly known as Innovation Australia but with its new name comes broader responsibilities “including advising the government on strategic innovation and science priorities and investment.”
Click HERE to read the full article.