ACS launched our website in 1996. Fast forward to 2012 and a lot changed when we moved to our existing website.
Now in 2016, our 50th year of operation, a lot more is set to change as we implement our Digital Business Strategy Project to deliver on key parts of our Strategic Plan. As part of this we will relaunch our website and enhance your overall engagement as a Member to provide you with a personalised and contemporary digital experience.
Bringing our 2014-2017 Strategic Plan to fruition
ACS’ new three-year Strategic Plan was implemented on 1 July 2014. From the five pillars of the Strategic Plan, one of these strategic initiatives led to the creation of ACS’ Digital Business Strategy:
- Fit For The Future F.3 - Fast track core business systems and applications improvement to enhance our engagement with and between Congress, Secretariat, members and stakeholders
With the assistance of our ICT Standing Committee, in January 2015 ACS embarked on a process to leverage leading edge technologies and platforms that would improve the agility, innovation and effectiveness of ACS initiatives, products and services. To do this, ACS engaged the Brabham Group to assist us with the review of our current strategy and systems and to develop our future Digital Business Strategy.
Following this process the Digital Business Strategy committed ACS to:
- Be "digital first" in our delivery of benefits, products and services
- Be customer centric always
- Be seen as digital thought leaders in everything we deliver
- Influence and shape the ICT Profession
- Look to capture new digital business opportunities
- Be the ICT member community of choice for professionals
- Grow digital intelligence across ACS to provide better service and engagement to our members and stakeholders
With this strategy we will create a contemporary digital environment that will bring our digital assets to the forefront, improve their functionality on mobile devices, reduce latency and allow us to establish online communities.
Each week we will be keeping you updated with information on how the Digital Business Strategy Project is progressing, the benefits and improvements that are being made and, when possible, unveiling previews of the new designs and functionality. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org