This article first appeared on the Philip Dalidakis, Victorian Minister for Small Business, Innovation & Trade website. You can view the full article by clicking here.
On Friday 29 January, the LaunchVic board was announced with an impressive list of names to lead the Labor Governments $60 million body, helping startups drive new ideas and creating jobs in Victoria.
Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade Philip Dalidakis made the announcement at the Above All Human startup and entrepreneur conference and expressed confidence that the new board will steer the body along a successful path and deliver Victorian startups what they need.
Ahmed Fahour, Managing Director and Group CEO of Australia Post, was announced as Chair, and will be joined by the following appointed members of the board:
- Elana Rubin, Director, Mirvac Group (Deputy Chair)
- Jo Burston, Managing Director, Job Capital
- Tim Fawcett, Director Corporate and Government Affairs, Cisco Systems Australia
- Dominique Fisher, Executive Chair and Managing Director, CareerLounge Pty Ltd
- Con Frantzeskos, CEO, PENSO
- Phillip Kingston, Managing Director, Trimantium Capital
- Jane Martino, Head of Social Segment, ANZ Bank
- Rachael Neumann, Managing Director Australia, Eventbrite
- Kee Wong, Managing Director, e-Centric Innovations
- Susan Wu, Head, Stripe Australia and New Zealand