- Closing Date: 30th October 2015
- Type:TAX FREE ACS Foundation Work Integrated Learning Scholarship Level Undergraduate / Postgraduate
- Start Date: February 2016 Length 3 months (possible extension) Value $10,000 TAX FREE ACS Foundation scholarship
Do you have an inquisitive nature and a real passion for problem solving?
Bankwest is making banking easier and are offering an ACS Foundation Work Integrated Learning scholarship / internship to work and learn in a dynamic and leading edge IT environment. This is an opportunity for you to join the largest IT shop in Perth, working on a wide variety of technologies and projects with the support of a great team and AGILE methodology. The Bankwest Enterprise Services division will give you the space and tools to design, innovate and develop your career.
Enterprise Services currently have a number of exciting opportunities for enthusiastic undergraduates who have an autism spectrum and related condition. Successful candidates will have a real passion for development and testing and will be working with a wide range of Testing Tools to test applications developed.
At Bankwest, we believe diversity and inclusion are strengths to be celebrated. Having a diverse workforce made up of men and women, colleagues of different ages, cultural backgrounds and working styles, makes Bankwest a better place to work.
The Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance (AASQA) at Curtin University is an Australian social innovation initiative with the vision of harnessing the special talents of people with Autism Spectrum for the collective benefit of these individuals, the industry and the wider community.
The mission of the AASQA is to enable individuals with Autism Spectrum to leverage their unique talents through outreach, training and educating, and graduate programs, so as to create pathways from schools to valued, long-term employment; whilst addressing the business needs of the Australian ICT industry facing challenges in attracting and retaining software and quality assurance testers within the sector.
Bankwest, the ACS Foundation and AASQA are in partnership to create the Australian first Specialist ACS Foundation WIL scholarships for undergraduates with Autism Spectrum and related conditions. The working environment will be inclusive by investigating and accommodating the individual needs of the interns in terms of their working conditions prior to and during their employment.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Software testing of solutions being developed by Bankwest Solution Engineering.
- Reviewing the business requirements to what has been developed.
- Prioritize the severity of issues and log them into our task management system.
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle and an eye for producing quality product.
- An Undergraduate who sees the importance of testing and would like to become an expert tester.
- A passion for using information technology and an eagerness to obtain practical experience within an innovative, progressive and supportive work environment.
- Attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Motivation to be the best
- Active Listener
- Positive and passionate to do your best
- Seeks and acts on constructive feedback
- Self-driven, accountable and takes ownership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Makes good judgement through analysis and applies common sense when taking actions or making decisions
- Solution minded and able to overcome obstacles and persist to completion
- Risk aware
Applicants should be working towards a formal qualification in IT. All WA undergraduate or VET/TAFE students on the Autism Spectrum and related conditions are welcome to apply for this internship opportunity.
We request applicants to include at least one of these documents in the application as proof of formal diagnosis.
- The original diagnosis report - Letter of confirmation from the doctor - Letter of confirmation from the Local area Coordinator.
Applicants must also be able to pass an Australian Police Clearance.
HOW TO APPLY Send your resume, cover letter and academic results through www.acsfoundation.com.au or email to Leila Enojas at [email protected] or call 0401 317 879