The ACS Canberra Branch is calling for expressions of interest for those interested in speaking at the ACS regular events during 2016. Speaking opportunities are available on a variety of topic matters and at regular intervals during the calendar year.
Benefits of speaking at ACS events:
* It will allow you to contribute your knowledge and skills to the ICT industry, helping guide the way forward for ICT professionals, and assist the industry by discussing solutions to overcoming ICT challenges.
* Speaking at ACS events will allow you to broaden your networks, gaining valuable personal connections with ACS members, sponsors, ICT professionals, and graduates.
* Allow your voice to be heard, and influence the audience on a topic matter you are passionate about.
* Generate positive publicity for yourself and your employer by showing your commitment and involvement in the local ICT industry.
The topics or areas that we would love to host presentations on are:
* ICT in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
* ICT Skills Development and Application
* Professional Resilience in the turbulent job market
* Innovation and Entrepreneurship
* Case Studies of Novel or Significant or Innovative ICT solutions
* Emerging Infrastructure (e.g. mobile networks, satellite networks, power-line networks)
* Cyber Security
* Promoting Diversity in IT
Your expression of interest should include:
* A brief personal biography (~one page) including a headshot photo and details of any experience you have in public presentations and one or two referees
* Presentation topic(s) and 100-200 word abstract(s)
* Preferred presentation times (month, day of week) and audience (if you are thinking of Special Interest Group audiences)
Please send your expression of interest to the ACS Canberra Events Manager, Jenalle Wei, at Jenalle.email@example.com.
For branch upcoming events, visit: https://www.acs.org.au/branches/canberra/events/upcoming-events