The NASSCOM Student Innovation Awards 2015 has now been launched, and is inviting submissions from talented students across universities in Australia.
Now in its fourth year, the Awards program aims to promote excellence in creative innovation in the field of Information Technology, and is open to all undergraduate, post graduate and PhD students currently studying at University.
The Awards are presented in two categories, for creative excellence in the field of Information Technology
- IT Technical Innovation – A broad category for any IT-related technical innovation, and encompasses new processes, innovative design, systems and device innovation
- IT-enabled Business Innovation – Any innovative business application or process and could be systems based, cloud based or mobile.
All submissions will be reviewed by a high-profile panel of judges from the technology and business sector. They will be looking for submissions ‘beyond a good idea’, showing depth of functionality and research to address each of the key criterion of Innovation, Performance and Potential.
The Awards program is open to all undergraduate, post graduate and PhD students who are currently studying at University OR have recently graduated (after July 2014)
- Opportunity to present an innovative ICT idea to a receptive and knowledgable audience
- Prize is a week-long, all expenses paid, work experience trip to India at the office of one of our 12 member companies.
- Mentoring opportunities along with our member companies, to students who present submissions with promise.
- Presentation to the winners at the CeBIT ICT Celebration dinner on the evening of May 6, in the presence of approximately 500 special invitees and guests from the ICT industry
- Better interaction between Universities and NASSCOM Australia member companies to explore opportunities of internships, mentoring programs and networking
Visit www.nasscom.org.au for more details.
How to apply
- Students can post their applications to the awards by visiting https://nasscom.org.au/awards/2015-awards/
- All submissions are to be posted online, and students can post up to three submissions, individually or as a group.
· Last date of submissions is 11:59pm on Friday, 24 April, 2015
· Judging will commence on Thursday, 30 April, 2014 in Sydney.
· Videoconference facilities are available for presentations from out of Sydney
· The winners will be announced on Friday, 1 May, 2015, by phone / email
Prizewinners will enjoy a week-long, all expenses paid, work experience trip to India at the office of one of our 12 member companies. Lu Xia, from the University of Melbourne was the NSIA winner in the category of IT Business Innovation, and recently returned from his trip. Read all about his experience on nasscom.org.au/winner-testimonial/
Students who have presented highly commendable certificates for outstanding submissions will also be offered the option of a week-long work experience position at one of our local member companies
NASSCOM Australia is the Australian Chapter of NASSCOM in India. Its members have currently invested upwards of $100M to set up more than 20 development centres in Australia, and currently employ more than 7000 people here. The Group has strong links with many universities in Australia to recruit students for global projects, run student internships programs, and have established scholarships. Their aim is to create a wider scope of development of talent and skills, and to tap into the Australian IT pool locally, to meet customer commitments globally.
NASSCOM Australia is a not-for-profit organisation with twelve members from leading IT companies located in India, with operations in Australia and New Zealand.
Member companies are in the business of software development, services and products, IT-enabled/BPO services, R&D services, KPO and IT Consulting, e-commerce & web-services, engineering, offshoring, and animation and gaming. NASSCOM Australia’s member companies have invested significantly in the Australian market and are now established as key players in the industry.