This one day workshop has been designed for all decision-makers and influencers involved in workforce planning.
In an environment of rapid technological change, the critical challenge for business is one of attracting and retaining talent. The Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) is the world’s most commonly used ICT skills definition framework - in use by organisations in over 100 countries. At both the individual and organisational level, SFIA provides a tool for identifying skills accurately, and developing plans to achieve desired future skills requirements
- SFIA introduction and overview.
- SFIA terminology and system design.
- Identify and correctly determine IT skills for a job.
- Writing and correctly setting levels in a job profile.
- Self-assessment using SFIA.
- Skills and task analysis techniques, tools and documentation.
- Validity and reliability.
- Professional IT profiles.
- Integration with wider training and HR plans.
Upon completion of the session, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the SFIA framework and business benefits to both internal and external customers.
- Develop skills/job profiles of IT practitioners using SFIA skill definitions.
- Apply an understanding of SFIA to align skills/job design with other benchmarks and competency frameworks.
- Identify and use a range of skills analysis techniques, tools and documentation to produce accurate job profiles.
- Confirm the validity and reliability of a skills/job profile using appropriate analysis techniques, tools and processes.
- Plan and manage development priorities within the wider training plan and HR strategy.
This workshop is equally applicable to:
- CIOs, CTOs, and IT Managers responsible for service delivery design and resourcing.
- HR Managers and Consultants seeking to enhance the interface between technical IT units and the broader business.
- Individual consultants providing services to organisations on their current skills profile and support to meet future business needs.
|Date:||Monday 23 March, 2015|
|Time:||9:30am to 4:30pm|
|Location:||ACS Pearcey Room, Southbank VIC|
|Cost:||ACS Members - $825.00 (inc. GST)|
Non Members - $935.00 (inc. GST)
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided
For more information or to enrol click here.