Date: Thursday 6th November
Time: 5.00pm registration for 5.30pm start, 7.15pm finish followed by networking
Venue: NSW Parliament Theatrette
This is THE entrepreneur award
for the ICT and digital industries in NSW, run by a committee of volunteers that includes representatives from the Pearcey Foundation, the Australian Computer Society (ACS), and the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA). The committee also includes representatives from major Sydney incubators ATP Innovations, Fishburners, Incubate, Innovation Bay and Pollenenizer, as well as leading research centres NICTA and CSIRO. The award will be presented by the NSW Minister for Finance and Services, the Hon Dominic Perrottet. The recipient of the Award will be NSW’s entrant in next year’s Benson Award, which is a key component of the national iAwards program.
The Awards night recognises mid career entrepreneurs and their contributions to our industries, and encourages younger generations to start their own businesses. During the evening, held at the prestigious Parliament House, a student pitching competition offering $5,000 in prizes (subject to sponsorship) will showcase the best talent from NSW universities.
- Attendees represent a veritable “who’s who” of the NSW ICT and digital industries including many leading entrepreneurs, business and government leaders.
- All sponsorship fees are subject to GST
Have you come across something during the course of your studies or research you think could be commercialised? Have you started a fledgling company, looking for some cash and a chance to promote it?
This is your big chance!
The NSW Pearcey Foundation, in conjunction with the iAwards, AIIA and ACS, is holding a pitching competition where you get a chance to spruik your ideas and business plans before a panel of industry judges and a savvy audience of technology movers and shakers.
This Pearcey Pitching competition is a great opportunity for you to:
- understand the core messages to include in pitches
- practice presenting pitches to a live, relevant audience
- integrate feedback from peers and mentors prior to the competition
- get feedback from judges from local ICT investment community
- meet and network with peers during the competition
- meet investors, partners, and potential customers
For further information or to discuss Sponsorship Opportunities or the Pitching Competition please contact: Phil McCrea firstname.lastname@example.org 0411 102 548