- Melbourne CBD location
- Fixed term research project role
- Not for profit organisation
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is the recognised association for Information and Communications Technology professionals, attracting a large and active membership from all levels of the ICT industry across Australia.
In joining the ACS you will be joining a talented and committed team dedicated to advancing the ICT profession and society. You will be provided with an attractive remuneration package, ongoing professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment.
Job Title: Research Assistant
Business Unit: Workforce Development and Education
Reporting to: Head of Education & Workforce Development
The ACS is seeking the services of a self-starting research assistant to provide support the Professional Development Board. The role will provide assistance to a research team charged with exploring the most effective ways in which the ACS can expand its professional development program to meet the changing needs of the future ICT workforce in the Digital Economy, and developing appropriate recommendations to be submitted to the Professional Development Board.
Commencing in August, this part time role will be based in Melbourne for approximately 3 months.
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Research Assistant will assist the team in carrying out the research project and be responsible for:
- Collection and analysis of project data
- Supporting the team in investigation activities
- Coordination of project activities
- Compile and draft the research report
- Any other research activities as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in research methodology
- Superior written communication skills
- Understanding of the contemporary ICT industry
- Ability to work under limited direction and to meet deadlines
- Understanding of the professional development environment
- Network connections in the ICT industry
- ACS Membership
- Recognised higher degree in ICT or related discipline, or a comparable qualification
Please submit your expression of interest and CV toEmily.firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 pm Friday 1st August 2014.