On Wednesday evening the best of the best in local ICT innovation were recognised as the winners of the New South Wales State iAwards were revealed.
The successful companies and individuals will represent the state at the national iAwards on 27 August and 28 August with the winners being announced on Friday, 29 August in Melbourne.
The Hon. Dominic Perrottet MP, Minister for Finance and Services and Naomi Simson, Founding Director of RedBalloon headlined the event supporting the future of ICT innovation in New South Wales.
Winners of the 2014 New South Wales State iAwards:
- Research and Development: Accessible Publishing Systems
- New Product: Atlassian
- Tools: Atlassian
- Financial: SuperChoice Services Pty Ltd
- Industrial: NICTA
- ICT Professional of the Year: Professor Johanna Westbrook (University of New South Wales)
- ICT Woman of the Year: Leanne Howard (PlanIT)
- Government: Mnet Mobile
- Health: Breeze Training
- Consumer: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Education: Macquarie University
- Secondary Student: Max Tavener, Alex Spiteri-Albon and Davis Howlett (Coffs Harbour High School)
- Tertiary Undergraduate: Brad Lorge, Chris Manouvrier, Aaron Darling and Vivian Li (Tomorrow Land Enterprises)
- Tertiary Postgraduate: Belinda Gibbons, University of Wollongong
Visit the iAwards website to learn more about all of the 24 New South Wales winners and merit recipients.
Join the Conversation: Follow iAwards on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with all the latest news and announcements, and participate in discussions about ICT innovations.