A day-long workshop to be held in association with the international conference ISCAR 2014 on 29 September 2014, 9:00am – 4:00pm at the Novotel, Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park.
We are offering 3 free registrations for this event. In order to win please let us know in 25 words or less why you would like to attend. Please email email@example.com with subject line ‘Activity in the Age of Social Media’. Entries close by C.O.B. Monday 19 May 2014. Winners will be notified by Monday 26 May 2014.
This workshop will be preceded by a guided, month-long, online, interactive social media experience between all participants: expert and novice.
Both the online and the workshop experiences are designed as an exploration and experience the role of social media in supporting the complex activities of modern life
This program is for you if you are:
- perplexed by the array of social media and want to explore how some can benefit what you do
- in business and facing complex problems where innovation with collaborative media could help
- a researcher looking for new approaches to investigate complex socio-technical phenomena
- curious about what people do with social media, where it has come from and where it may lead.
- wanting to play with social media in a safe environment and to simulate future scenarios of action
If you register for program you will participate in
- a global, online launch with other participants at a date to be determined in August 2014
- engagement, interaction and collaborative discussions with experts and other participants for several weeks in social media of your choice
- the workshop on September 29 where participants report back on the experience, reflect on what they have learnt, share experiences and hear from experts in the fieldfurther opportunities to work together on tangible outcomes such as ongoing mentoring, skills exchanges, an ebook of lessons learnt, community blog, and academic papers.
Registration Options and Payment
Workshop and online experience $100 (students $50) Online participation only $20
You can register and participate online at any time until the final payment is due on July 31, after that you will only be able to participate online and attend the workshop if you are fully paid up.
To register, pay and participate go to: http://atishci-iscar2014.wikispaces.com/Registration
All information will be kept updated on the Website/Wiki: http://atishci-iscar2014.wikispaces.com/
Contact Helen Hasan, University of Wollongong – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 0419 403 699