Search is on for the next big thing in Australian innovation, as the iAwards celebrates its 20th anniversary.
19 February 2014 – The iAwards 2014 is calling on today’s leaders in Australian Information and Communication Technology (ICT), as well as the innovators of tomorrow, to step forward and be recognised as it officially opens for nominations.
Championing new technology that has the power to positively impact society, the iAwards, together with major partners the State Government of Victoria and Hills Limited group, celebrates ICT’s pioneers of today and creative thinkers of tomorrow.
As the only Australian ICT awards platform that takes its successful nominees from state, to the national and international stage, winners of the iAwards 2014 will have the opportunity to compete with businesses from across Asia Pacific at the 2014 APICTA Awards (Asia Pacific ICT Awards).
With nominations now open, Australia’s best and brightest can enter via the iAwards Portal before nominations close 28 April 2014.
Comments on the news:
- Chairman of the iAwards National Steering Committee, Russell Yardley, commented: “The iAwards provides Australian innovators with new opportunities – opening up networks, communities and access to new markets, while bringing the digital economy to the forefront.
“With nominations now open, Australia’s home-grown innovators – from large enterprises to our brightest young entrepreneurs – are encouraged to enter today.”
- Chris Gray, Managing Director of previous iAwards winner iCareHealth, has described how the company has grown by more than four times since picking up its award. “What we did not realise was what the ongoing benefits would be. Positive client feedback, increased brand awareness, recognition at government level and opportunities to partner with like minded businesses.
“I would strongly recommend the iAwards for organisations that would like to see their innovation and hard work recognised, and also realise the growth potential for their business,” Mr Gray said.
- Hon. Gordon Rich-Phillips MLC, Victorian Minister for Technology, said: “As ICT cements itself as one of the cornerstones of the economy, the Victorian Government is proud to partner with the iAwards to showcase the very best in home grown innovation.
“ICT is one of the great success stories for Victoria. As the pioneers of today and creative thinkers of tomorrow continue to ensure a thriving Australian digital economy, we look forward to celebrating their successes at a state and national level, as well as on the international stage.”
- Hills’ Group Managing Director and CEO, Ted Pretty, is enthusiastic about the company’s involvement as a major sponsor and the introduction of the Young Innovator of the Year award. “Our business is reinventing itself to remain relevant for the innovation age we now live in. The ideas and energy of young Australians are critical not only for Hills’ success but for the growth and prosperity of Australia on the global stage,” Mr Pretty said.
Categories for the 2014 iAwards span a number of industries and initiatives, and include:
- Development: Research & Development, New Product and Tools
- Industry: Industrial, Financial and Resources
- Pioneer: Pearcey Medal and Hall of Fame, Benson Entrepreneur Award, Victorian Government Inspiration iAward and the Start-Up Award
- Professional: CIO of the Year, ICT Professional of the Year, ICT Woman of the Year and ICT Educator of the Year
- Service: Consumer, Education, Government and Health
- Society: Community, Regional and Sustainability
- Students: Secondary, Tertiary and Tertiary Postgraduate
The State iAwards will take place across June and July 2014, with the National iAwards and gala dinner taking place Friday, 29 August 2014.