This interactive workshop will cover:
- How to create an effective, targeted IT resume and covering letter
- How to make a resume informative and covering letter persuasive
- Understand what your audience wants to see on your resume
- How to sell overseas and local work experience on your resume
- The importance of University projects if you are a new graduate
- General grammar, format, font and content rules
- Developing your achievement statements using the PAR methodology
- The science of how to write a targeted resume
Please note this is a practical session so please bring along your resume, covering letter, a pen and a job ad that is of interest to you to ensure you get the most out of the session
Date: Wednesday 8 May 2013
Time: 5:30pm for a 6:00pm start. Session to run for approximately 2.5-3 hours.
Venue: Telstra Conference Centre, Exhibition St, Melbourne
Cost: $20 ACS Members | $30 Non-members
Facilitated by: Jill Noble
Jill Noble is a prolific careers and job seeking consultant, speaker and facilitator. She is the author of three published career books titled ‘Networking in Australia – looking for work in Australia? Have a chat and achieve’, ‘Engaging Recruiters in Australia’ and ‘Backpack to Briefcase – make your working holiday in Australia work for you’.
Jill is a qualified career consultant with over 15 years experience working with individuals to help them achieve their career related goals.
For more information and to register, please click here.