$500,000 Funding Opportunity
Cr. Keith Fagg, Mayor, City of Greater Geelong and Grant Sutherland, CEO, The Gordon invite bisinesses and industry networks based in the City of Greater Geelong to attend the:Skilling the Bay Geelong Future Industry Project Information SessionDate:
Monday 18 MarchTime:
The Gordon Gallery, City Campus, Fenwick Street, GeelongRSVP:
The Skilling the Bay Geelong Future Industry Project has been initiated by The Gordon in partnership with Deakin University and the City of Greater Geelong, and funded by the State Government.
$500,000 funding will be allocated to one innovative project that can:
- Transfer R&D from Deakin University into local industry to generate business opportunities and sustainable employment; and
- provide opportunities for both TAFE and university students to partcipate in the project.
The project is about taking existing R&D owned by Deakin University and transferring it into local industry to generate commercial opportunities and employment. Prior to the information session, applicants are encouraged to speak with Deakin University to identify R&D that could form the basis of a project.
Key requirements of the project include that it:
- utilise existing intellectual property owned by Deakin University;
- be delivered within the City of Greater Geelong;
- benefit the regional economy by creating sustainable new jobs and education and training opportunities;
- is new and innovative;and
- is financially viable and feasible.
Who should attend - businesses and industry networks based in the City of Greater Geelong interested in collaborating with Deakin University to transfer R&D into local industry.
For further information please contact Maria Zaluski on 5225 0634 or firstname.lastname@example.org