We invite you to visit the accessIT microsite for comprehensive Conference Programme information
But for an overview...
Delivered over 1.5 days the conference agenda will include the following:
Monday 24th October - Plenary day - noon-4:30pm.
Our plenary day will feature high level IT professionals and business leaders from Queensland/Australia and Asia and will take a macro look at the unique opportunities Queensland has available within the emerging markets of our Asian neighbours.
ACS 50th Anniversary Welcome Dinner - 6:30pm for 7pm start
Help us celebrate the 50th Anniversary of ACS and take stock of just how far we've come in 50 years. We will take a look back at Qld’s ICT history and fast forward to the next 25 years toward 2041 and discover what the world and the IT space may look like. The dinner will also announce the State's Pearcey Award winner!
For more information on the Conference that details speakers and topics, visit the accessIT website.
Tuesday 25th October - Innovation Day & Specialist Streams
Industry thought leaders, for each specialist stream, will bring first hand experiences, current trends and best practices to their presentations, whilst also sharing their keys to success, their thoughts and future job/growth opportunities.
- Specialised Track Sessions in IT Cyber Security, Innovation and IT Education.
- Industry Hacks Workshop - where key industry problems will be put forward and delegates, as part of a collaborative industry, will provide real-world solutions.
- Innovation Way Exhibition - a selection of local industry businesses, entrepreneurs and organisations who will showcase their services and innovations.
- The Mentor 'Centor' - an opportunity to connect with career advisers/recruiters/life coaches/industry mentors/consultants and ask them any questions you like to help you navigate your future. Please Note: It is essential to pre-book a time with a Mentor using our booking system. The booking system will be available in the very near future & notice of its availability will be given in due course.
- There are mentor opportunities available. Please enquire tomailto:[email protected]
- End of Conference Sundown Social - to unwind and further network there will be an end of Conference Sundowner social at a secret location.
Tuesday 25th October - Investigate an ICT Career Workshop - 1:30-4:00pm
Recommended for high school students and undergrad students who are interested in investigating the many options there are for a future carer in the IT sector.
accessIT has a strong aim to promote careers in STEM with an emphasis on ICT to high school /undergrad students. To do this accessIT will host an ‘Investigate an IT Career Workshop’. Here students will gain real world advice and inspiration from young innovators who are making a success of a career in ICT/STEM. Registration also allows full access to The Mentor 'Centor' and a wide range of business exhibitors and entrepreneurs.
For more detailed information on the Conference that details speakers and topics, visit theaccessIT website.