Overseas members of the ACS reside in over 80 different countries worldwide. No matter where you live, or your areas of ICT interest, ACS membership offers you a range of products and services that open doorways to greater opportunities and rewards throughout the lifespan of your career.
ACS membership for those based outside of Australia includes:
- MySFIA online self-assessment tool to determine your skills profile using the Skills Framework for the Information Age, providing the ability to map your career pathway, and providing a common skills language to aid your mobility in international ICT markets
- Connection to the largest network of ICT professionals in Australia and substantial international networks
- Further study options including ACS short courses, professional accreditation programs and post-graduate qualifications
- A bi-monthly digital subscription to the ACS' flagship publication Information Age A digital magazine subscription for the PC & Tech Authority and Atomic brands featuring more than 120 products in every issue, providing you with facts, opinions and insight to make informed PC and tech purchasing decisions
The ACS delivers over 600 professional development and networking events each year. To ensure overseas members have access to quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities, the ACS has invested heavily in online resources. These include:
A new high definition play-on-demand vodcast library provides you with access to play-on-demand vodcast recordings of the ACS’ professional development events, which will contribute to your CPD. Learn from the key influencers of innovation both in Australia, and internationally.
Online Learning Courses
A library of 100 standalone courses allows you to explore new learning areas or refresh your existing education. These courses can be bundled to cover knowledge components of ICT certifications so that users will be well placed to undertake examinations at local test centres (note: this is not a service provided by ACS). ACS online courses can be bundled for the vendor certifications below:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - PMBOK® Guide - Fourth Edition-aligned – 30 course objects
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – 25 course objects
- IT Strategy Essentials: Business and IT Strategy Alignment – 1 course object
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 – 44 course objects
Online courses include mentoring subjects where you can ask questions specific to the vendor certification you are pursuing.
Are you a member of an ACS peer ICT society?
The ACS offers reciprocal service benefits attracting a 20% discount on the full annual membership fee where applicants can demonstrate existing membership with a peer ICT society.